Sunday, August 19, 2012

Held Back

It's amazing how a mom can be sitting on a wealth of talent, yet feel so useless.  I suffer from that often.  I love to write, craft, read, sing, and cook.  I am better at some than others, but there is definitely potential.

I glance around to see what other moms/women are accomplishing, and I feel so inferior. They are doing so much more than I could ever do with 4 kids in tow.  It's not just the kids though,I think it's also a mental block.  If I get encouragement in an area, I move forward.  If someone makes even the slightest negative comment about it, I am discouraged against trying that specific venture.

For example, Last Summer I submitted an article to MOPS international for their magazine.  I submitted it and was published! This was my first article ever submitted and it was accepted!
I was ecstatic! Who wouldn't be?  I submitted a second article and it didn't fit their needs.  So, I gave up.  Really?  Am I that fragile?

I raise my kids the way I think is right, I home-school without a care what other people think yet I am so susceptible when I try to step out in a new direction.

Last Summer, I started making hair very pretty hair bows for little girls.  I got some great feedback from friends and sold a few.  But, as soon as I discovered that they didn't sell in a salon, I gave up.  I am trying them at a craft show this fall so you can follow my progress through here.

I need to move forward in confidence because God gave me these talents for a reason.  But, if all else fails, I need to remember that I am investing my time in my children.  This is an investment that will not come back void and will affect generations to come.  So, if you're feeling like your spinning your wheels and your only contribution to this world is dishes and laundry, you're wrong! Your investment is those kids and if you get anything else on top of that, it's a bonus!  See the published article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment